Mathematics Department - Scholarship Guidelines
· Application form
· Applicants must have completed a minimum of two mathematics courses at Seminole State College with one course being college credit. If a student is in MAC 2311 (Calculus I) or higher they only need one previous college credit math course at Seminole State College.
· Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.5 in their last two math courses and at least a 3.0 overall math GPA.
· The maximum amount of tuition to be granted would be for three terms and would not exceed 10 credits per term (Fall, Spring & Summer). The amount of monies available and the number of qualified applicants will determine the amount of individual grants.
· Applicants must apply each term.
· The applicant must be enrolled in a math course during each term the scholarship is used and must receive a "B" or better in the course to be eligible to receive the scholarship for the subsequent term.
· The committee will make recommendations to the department. The department will vote on the applicants.
Application - requires:
v Two letters of recommendation – One letter must be from a Seminole State College math instructor
v Copy of transcript
v Letter from applicant expressing why they are applying, their financial needs, and any community service or club involvement on their part.
Deadline: 9 weeks after the term begins